1965 Shelby AC Cobra by Superformance with Shelby by Roush 427 SR Full Polish
Yorba Linda, California, United States
Technical data for 1965 Shelby Cobra MK III
|Engine:||Shelby by Roush 427 SR Full Polish|
Selling street ready with fresh annual from Voss Performance for less than build cost. This car comes with a removable (velcro) Mark III Center Console that contains the V8 Audio VC1 blue-tooth preamp. The vehicle has removable rear speakers, JL Audio sub-woofer and amp. Has new trunk mounted Optima battery, built in charger and battery kill switch. This is a very clean, excellent driver with a very tight chassis.
The rear end has the modified heavy duty upper shock mounts for added strength and the body features 2 stage show quality paint in titanium with black leather interior. The car comes with a brand new (never used) soft top and also a snap in tonneau cover. The glove box is signed by Peter Brock, legendary designer of the Cobra Daytona Coupe, and partner of Shelby's in 1964 / 1965.
This car was originally titled as a 1965 in Arizona. For you CA drivers, under the reciprocal provisions of SB-100 this vehicle is titled as a 1965 in California and will never require a smog certificate.
Making room for a new project build - 2 of the current toys need to go!
· Hand laminated fiberglass body with reinforcing inserts. Aesthetically and dimensionally correct with show quality paint finish.
· Side exhaust pipes
· Stainless steel roll bar which is mounted to the chassis.
· Original style indicator lenses and head lights and quick jacks
· Original style hand crafted windshield frame chrome over brass
· Original style 15” “Halibrand” style rims with "knock off" center spinners.
· Moto- Lita wood steering wheel original design.
· Leather Seating Surfaces with adjustable Driver’s seat.
· Carpeted interior and trunk.
· Original style Smith gauges and Lucas switches with Reverse 180mph speedometer.
· Original style pedals, catches, fittings, shifter and hand brake lever.
· Sun visors, side fitted wind wings with driver’s side and rear view mirrors.
· Original style latch and lock seat belts.
Chassis and Suspension:
· Heavy duty TIG welded ladder frame chassis with crumple zones
· Fully independent front and rear suspension with limited slip rear differential.
Brakes, shocks and cooling:
· Wilwood® power-assisted vented disc brakes (Calipers: Front-4-pot & Rear-Single-pot)
· Bilstein® custom crafted coil-over shocks.
· Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud, dual fans, oil cooler and braided lines.
· Aluminum finished firewall which dissipates engine heat.
· Monza style filler with Locking gas cap.
· 17 gallon pressure tested stainless steel fuel tank.
· Headers for a Ford based V8 engine.
Licensing/ Registry/ Owners Clubs:
· Only Cobra Reproduction licensed through Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.
· Superformance forum (SCOF) & Superformance registry where sales are recorded to preserve value of car.
. Twin Stripes
. Silver Ceramic Coated Headers
. Black Ceramic Coated Side Pipes
. Polished Chrome Header Tank
. Glove Box
. Fuel Swirl Pot
. Roush 427SR - 510 HP (Non-Fuel Injected) Full Polish
. Tremec 5-Speed Extra HD Transmission
This is one clean, nicely finished Cobra!